As a rule, people make a lot of effort to look young and beautiful. But sometimes the effect does not live up to expectations. Could it be the common care mistakes that advertisements impose on us? But experienced dermatologists know all the secrets of beauty and do not use these products for their skin. Sometimes it is enough to know the enemy by sight, then the skin shines and wrinkles do not appear.
- Face cream in jars
Let's start with the most common. Almost all face creams are sold in pretty, eye-catching jars. But no one thinks how unhygienic it is to apply a cosmetic product in which you constantly dip your fingers. So the cream can contain not only useful components and vitamins, but also dangerous bacteria. Dermatologists recommend choosing sealed dispenser packages. So there will be no harm to the skin and all the benefits of the cream will last longer.
- A hot bath is pleasant, but harmful
Hot water is one of the most common irritants for our skin. It is so nice to sometimes relax in a bubble bath or bask in the shower. Is this pleasure worth the unpleasant scattering of inflamed acne? Too hot water almost completely destroys the skin's protective barrier. This can cause redness, flaking, and even mild itching. Hot procedures are categorically contraindicated for people with dermatological diseases, problem and sensitive skin.
- Facial toner
Tonics are in many ways a beautiful marketing ploy. But experienced dermatologists do not listen to advertising calls. They do not allow this product to reach their cosmetic bag for a cannon shot. Despite the fact that many consider tonic to be a must-have for daily skin care, it is just a waste of money. The composition contains 95% of ordinary water, and the remaining 5% is glycerin, alcohol and various additives: preservatives, acids and vitamins. Moreover, an expensive tonic is no better than mass-market products. The best choices for skin are rose water for hydration and a lightweight serum with vitamins. Ordinary mineral water, which is saturated with natural salts and useful microelements, can become their budget substitute.
2. Hand cream, not face
The skin on the hands is coarser, drier and harder. It is more often exposed to the aggressive effects of cleaning agents and detergents with a not particularly useful composition. But on the face, the skin is sensitive and receptive. Therefore, no matter how much you want, you can not apply hand cream to your face. The pores on the face become clogged, the work of the sebaceous glands increases, the access of oxygen is blocked. This is fraught with allergic reactions, inflammation and a feeling of dryness.
- Tanning products
Oil, and all other tanning products, are skin enemies # 1. They do not provide full protection from the scorching sun rays, and they do not guarantee a beautiful bronze shade either. Anything labeled "tan" has a low SPF. With such cosmetics, the image of a red-skinned person is provided in just an hour of sunbathing. In addition, the oil clogs the pores a lot, which makes the skin oily and not very attractive. And sprays do not provide a thick enough layer of the product required to obtain the SPF indicated on the package. For the good of the case, you need to choose delicate cosmetics with a high sun protection factor and not rush to turn into a mulatto for two days on the beach.
One of the "proven" grandmother's methods: spread the pimples with toothpaste. Knowledgeable people promise that after this all redness and blackheads will disappear before our eyes. But dermatologists categorically prohibit such experiments. Most toothpastes have an aggressive formulation that is definitely not suitable for delicate facial skin. There is a great risk of overdrying or even burning the skin.
- Smelling soap
“How delicious it smells! I will definitely buy it! " Many people choose soap this way. And dermatologists are just the opposite. In their opinion, soap that is too fragrant may contain a large amount of fragrance, which irritates and dries out the skin. Owners of sensitive skin are even less fortunate, allergies may await them. To buy a really healthy care product, choose soap with a subtle scent or none at all.
Professional cosmetic scrubs are not far gone either. In oily and combination skin, they clog pores, sensitive and dry - damage, inflamed - aggravate. Dermatologists recommend choosing products for mild chemical exfoliation to replace scrubs. A good example is peels with a small percentage of lactic, fruit or glycolic acid.