Dry shampoos: how it works and who needs it.
Modern technologies constantly surprise us, and now we already know that it is possible to wash hair without water. For this, experts in the beauty industry have developed a know-how - dry shampoo. To date, this tool has already gained considerable popularity. What attracts those who want to try dry shampoo - the freshness of the idea or the confidence in the freshness of the hair after use? We'll walk you through what dry shampoo is and what you can realistically expect from this new beauty product.
Solid or dry shampoo?
The cosmetics industry regularly releases new products, and it is sometimes easy to get confused in them. So it is with innovative shampoos - on the shelves you can find not only dry, but also solid shampoos, and here it is important to understand the difference. Solid shampoo looks like soap and is designed to make washing your hair more natural - there are many natural ingredients in this product, hence the unusual texture. But solid shampoo is used traditionally, that is, using water.
But dry shampoo differs fundamentally - it is a spray in an aerosol bottle, when using which water is not required at all. Dry shampoo looks more like a styling product, it is sprayed on the hair and is not rinsed at all. Some manufacturers produce dry shampoos in powder form in a bottle, but this is less common. The powder is used like talcum powder, treating curls also without using water. After using dry shampoos, the strands are combed to remove the absorbent.
Features of dry shampoos
Dry shampoo acts on hair in a similar way to styling products - it lifts the roots, smoothes the strands. But at the same time, the main useful ability of this shampoo is to give the hair freshness, cleanse it, really creating such an effect as if the hair had just been washed. Thus, dry shampoo becomes useful when there is no way to thoroughly wash your hair - in the absence of hot water at home, on a trip, with a long stay at work.
Such a remedy is also a find for those people who generally have a very short effect of clean hair. These are the owners of oily hair, forced to wash their hair every day. Hair health experts, by the way, do not approve of such frequent washing. Therefore, in this case, dry shampoo helps to kill two birds with one stone - keep your hair in order during the day, and wash your hair as usual - about every other day.
What causes the effect of clean hair?
It's all about the sorbent, which is the key component in the composition of the cosmetic product . As a rule, these are natural substances - cereal starches (oat, corn, rice) or kaolin (clay). Herbal powders can also act as an absorbent. In addition, dry shampoos contain gas, if we are talking about a spray - butane or isobutane, alcohols as a disinfectant component, healing and care ingredients (panthenol, oils and plant extracts, most often mint, menthol and everything that gives freshness). There are fragrances and active substances in the shampoo to enhance the effect of freshness, such as coumarin, distialdimnium chloride, cetrimonium chloride.
How does dry wash work?
When the shampoo is applied to the hair, the absorbent components begin to absorb oil from the hair and scalp, as well as dead cells and dandruff particles. After combing the strands, the absorbent is removed from the hair along with all these unnecessary elements. The rest of the components of the shampoo continue to work on the hair - due to this, the strands rise at the roots, become smooth and fresh, acquire a light pleasant smell.
At first glance, the picture is perfect - thanks to dry shampoo, you instantly get a beautiful hairstyle without much effort. But there are specific questions about the use of dry shampoo: how often it can be used, and whether there are any "pitfalls" in using the product. We will try to clarify the situation.
Benefits of dry shampoos
So, what are the benefits of dry shampoo:
- As already mentioned, dry shampoo helps to bring hair into good condition in a short time - to refresh, add volume and shine. Ideal for situations where you need to quickly get ready for a party, if you are on a train or on an airplane, the water is suddenly cut off, and so on.
- Dry shampoo is good for people who have scalp problems - allergies or hypersensitivity. With traditional washing and drying with a hair dryer, such scalp will be even more injured. Dry shampoo works mainly on the hair strands.
- The tool is a good helper for women whose hair is not obedient and the styling is poorly maintained. Dry shampoo in this case will be an even better solution than traditional fixatives and hair dryers.
- Dry shampoo can be applied to specific areas without affecting the overall hairstyle. This helps when, for example, only bangs or individual curls need to be tidied up.
- Dry shampoos contain caring ingredients that will improve the quality of your hair.
Disadvantages of dry shampoos
But, nevertheless, there are points that should be considered when using an innovative tool:
- Dry shampoo is not able to replace washing the hair completely; the product is created only for temporary care.
- Absorbents do not remove well from dark hair and can create a white coating (depending on the manufacturer). Before using it, it is better to try the product on a small area of the hair.
- Not all shampoos are dry in the truest sense of the word. Some still create a wet effect, and it will take some time for the hair to recover until the hair dries.